Minimally invasive procedure that freezes the cells in the prostate to destroy the entire prostate gland and possibly surrounding tissue.
May also be done as a partial gland or focal treatment, with reduced side effect risks, for qualified patients who wish to preserve potency.
- Prostate volume less than 60 grams
- Patients wishing to avoid surgery or radiation
- Patients interested in focal treatment
Outpatient procedure; catheter use for 1-2 weeks
Risks and Side Effects of Cryotherapy
- Erectile dysfunction
- Penile or scrotal swelling
- Narrowing of urethra – urinary frequency
- Pelvic pain – dysuria
- Bladder outlet obstruction -chronic urgency
Why Choose Hifu Prostate Cancer Institute Miami?
PERSONALIZED CONCIERGE Medical Care, 24 Hours / 7 Days Per Week:
Most medical treatments, including HIFU and cryotherapy for prostate cancer, are performed in brief time frame. In fact, diagnosis, arriving at a treatment decision and post-treatment care consumes the majority of patient-doctor time and care. By offering PERSONALIZED- CONCIERGE medical care, our patients have 24/7 access to Dr. Suarez.