Watchful waiting involves lifestyle changes and careful monitoring to see if more aggressive treatment is needed.
- Diagnosed with early stage, low risk cancer
- Motivated for lifestyle chances
- Psychologically able to tolerate anxiety of possible cancer growth
- Elderly men with less than 10 years life expectancy (more likely to have a slow growing cancer, more likely to die of other causes
Risks and Side effects
- Emotional burden of wondering cancer is progressing
- Must change life to include healthier diet and regular exercise
- Indolent cancer could become rapidly aggressive and life threatening if not monitored close enough
Why Choose Hifu Prostate Cancer Institute Miami?
PERSONALIZED CONCIERGE Medical Care, 24 Hours / 7 Days Per Week:
Most medical treatments, including HIFU, are performed in brief time frame. In fact, diagnosis, arriving at a treatment decision and post-treatment care consumes the majority of patient-doctor time and care. By offering PERSONALIZED- CONCIERGE medical care, our patients have 24/7 access to Dr. Suarez.
Active surveillance, or watchful waiting, is an effective way to monitor the progression of prostate cancer. As you know, early detection is key to increasing the chance for survival, but accurate, detailed, and thorough monitoring is also incredibly helpful. Prostate cancer can progress at different rates in patients, and information is key to planning and implementing effective treatment. In Miami, Florida, HIFU provides leading medical experts with the information, tools, and treatment options they need to make optimum decisions for the health of their patients. Don’t underestimate how valuable careful assessments and observations can be for your health. Every detail can make a difference.