Active Surveillance (also called Watchful Waiting)
Watchful waiting involves lifestyle changes and careful monitoring to see if more aggressive treatment is needed.
- Diagnosed with early stage, low risk cancer
- Motivated for lifestyle chances
- Psychologically able to tolerate anxiety of possible cancer growth
- Elderly men with less than 10 years life expectancy (more likely to have a slow growing cancer, more likely to die of other causes
Risks and Side effects
- Emotional burden of wondering cancer is progressing
- Must change life to include healthier diet and regular exercise
- Indolent cancer could become rapidly aggressive and life threatening if not monitored close enough
Why Choose Hifu Prostate Cancer Institute Miami?
PERSONALIZED CONCIERGE Medical Care, 24 Hours / 7 Days Per Week:
Most medical treatments, including HIFU, are performed in brief time frame. In fact, diagnosis, arriving at a treatment decision and post-treatment care consumes the majority of patient-doctor time and care. By offering PERSONALIZED- CONCIERGE medical care, our patients have 24/7 access to Dr. Suarez.Request An Appointment!