PROSTATE CANCER INSTITUTE ADVANCED PROSTATE DIAGNOSIS AND CARE ®
- Advanced diagnosis and prostate care is committed to utilizing the most sophisticated diagnostic tools in the accuracy in diagnosing, mapping and staging prostate cancer as well other prostate conditions.
- A uniquely patented multi-parametric perfusion MRI (MPP-MRI ®) technology is utilized to diagnose early stage microscopic prostate cancer, precisely target the biopsy sites and spare sites that do not require sampling. Thereby, improving accuracy as well preventing unnecessary number of biopsies.
- In addition, a sophisticated multi-dimensional high power Doppler ultrasound technology is used to image the prostate the. Additionally, assist in determining the location of the neurovascular-bundle for planning a potency sparring HIFU treatment.
- The fusion of the MRI and the ultrasound are over imposed to plan the sites that need to be biopsied. The biopsies are then taken utilizing a technology known as “target scanning.”
- The combination of the technology is the most accurate approach for planning targeted focal HIFU treatment, partial HIFU or hemi-ablation HIFU. The advantages of the type are that f treatment is tissue sparring.
- In conclusion: The synergy of superior imaging combination of MPP-MRI determines the sites that require biopsy, the targeting scanning provides “GPS guided” capabilities to identify the region of interest where the cancer is and where it is not. Focal HIFU allows for tissue preservation of non-cancerous tissue. In essence, the treatment of the prostate cancer now “a male lumpectomy™” (visit malelumpetomy.com) and no longer a radical treatment and extensive rehabilitation. As HIFU is an outpatient procedure with immediate same day recovery and less risk of potential quality of life complications such as impotence and/or erectile dysfunction.
Dr. George Suarez comments: A critical feature of image-guided surgery (HIFU) is the ability to localize and verify ablation of the therapeutic target in real-time. The HIFU systems from SonaCare Medical (formerly USHIFU) combine three capabilities into one single operating platform; integrated imaging, precision ablation and real-time tissue change validation. In other words, the capability to target, treat and track the tissue of interest while sparing healthy surrounding tissue: “It is as simple as Image, Click and Treat.”Request An Appointment!